Monday, December 3, 2007

Audio Projects

My last post had to do with making a robot that made parts for itself. It's time to shift gears and talk about making audio components. I've always wanted to put together a guitar amplifier from scratch but I've never been able to find a really good explanation on how to do it until I found this website. It's a fairly comprehensive look at how to build a JCM800 head. If you've ever been interested in putting together your own tube amplifier it's a great place to start. He has a lot of great ideas and insightful things to say about building tube amps.

What about effects? I found a really nice website online with a bunch of information on building your own effect pedals. It's called Super-Freq. He has a bunch of schematics and circuit board layouts on there. Check it out for yourself. I'm sure there are other websites out there with effect pedal layouts. Let me know if you find any!

While I was writing this post I also stumbled across Geofex website. They also have a bunch of information and links for good places to start looking for information on building tube amplifiers and effects.

That's it for now. I'm out.

No comments:

Twittering from the linux command line using curl

Recently I signed up for twitter and have found the need to "twit" from the command line. I found a quick tutorial on how to use ...